Saturday, October 10, 2015

Jeans for the Australian Girl Doll

valspierssews doll clothes
Annabelle in her new doll clothes shorts.

I have been sewing and testing and sewing again working on a jeans pattern for the Australian Girl Doll.

valspierssews doll clothes


It has been fun playing with the pockets. They look so cute on the finished item. I also had some little studs that I put on the pocket corners.

valspierssews doll clothes


Surprisingly the belt loops were not very hard to do so I can see they will make a simple embellishment on shorts, jeans or even skirts.

The hardest part was putting the velcro in the fly. I stitched the overlap from the right side so I had to stick the velcro underneath so it wouldn't slip about as I got started. I searched my boxes for my steam a seam but in the end I used some glue dots that I had handy. As long as you only put the glue in the centre where you are not stitching I guess it doesn't matter what you use. You don't want to get your needle gummed up.

Has anyone got some good tips for putting velcro in the fly?

I tried the shorts on my American Girl Doll. They look OK from the front but the waist is a bit big for her.
valspierssews doll clothes

valspierssews doll clothes

They also lose that short play shorts look on her shorter legs. I am taking some time to design patterns made to fit the Australian Girl Doll because I think they just look better if they are made to measure.
valspierssews doll clothes

valspierssews doll clothes

I will publish the jeans and a denim jacket for the Australian Girl Doll soon. I tend to work on several things at once. You can find a cute open neck blouse and elastic pull ons especially made to fit Australian Girl Dolls on my Etsy shop. Look for the pattern numbers starting with 20.

Happy Sewing,
Val