|The Fabric Bible|
The Fabric FormulaTo narrow down the type and colour of fabric to buy I have a formula.
Theoretically it goes like this:
- Choose a shirt weight fabric with a design that has three or more colours.
- Using the colours in this first design, choose a solid colour fabric suitable for making trousers.
- Using the colours in the first fabric, choose a solid colour fabric suitable for a skirt.
- Choose a knit fabric in a neutral colour for a top.
- Choose either a patterned or plain fabric suitable for a jacket or is this case, a vest.
- Choose one other plain or patterned fabric for an accessory of some sort. I wanted to add a highlight frill to the skirt and make a shoulder purse.