Saturday, September 24, 2016

My Latest Doll Clothes Pattern

valspierssews doll clothes

I have been working steadily on the cute panel dress requested by one of my readers. I just want to try out the skirt with more flare before I publish it.

To take a bit of a break from that design I started playing with all the different shaped sailor collars I have seen. I have drawn up 5 collars that all fit on the same neckline. Having the neckline as a starting point enables me to change the shape of the dress or bodice just below the V and make very different looking designs.

The one I have just published was inspired by this image.

From Pinterest
I didn't have enough white to make it but I think it definitely looks good in white.
I also found that there just wasn't enough room to put in the waist band ties. I decided it looked good plain. You can always lengthen the bodice by 1/4" and turn up a 1/2" hem on the skirt or cut it shorter as well. Because I left out the ties I decided to put the bow on the girl.

Because I love to design I find it a bit of a drag to write up instructions so the big difference with this pattern is that it has no instructions!

You get the necessary information just no construction details. If you need details I refer you to the patterns where you can find general instructions for different aspects of the design.



I put these extra pictures on the title page of the file as a bit of a guide as well.



Look out for some sailor collar jackets and dresses that button up the front. I have already started collecting some ideas.

I'm not sure what my customers will think of this no instruction pattern file but it suits what I want to do just now. I will still put up patterns with instructions if I think they need them. The flared dress with the yoke needs its own set of instructions for the panels and yoke because no other pattern of mine is quite the same.



Happy Sewing,
Val